[Debian-eeepc-devel] Gathering information on getting support for 1650 * 1050 resolution

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 18 12:17:12 UTC 2008

Dear Ben,

Am Montag, den 18.08.2008, 08:06 -0300 schrieb Ben Armstrong:
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:30:38 +0200
> Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > Just today it was confirmed again that someone have a working setup with
> > an external monitor connected to the VGA port with a resolution with
> > 1650 * 1050 with no problems [1].
>
> But in this post he says he used the driver from experimental.

Yes, I know. He referred to your problems with a crash. But you said,
you are using this resolution with a Lenny setup.

Maybe this was not very smart from me, but I just wanted to point out
that in contrary to my situation some people have a working external
1680 * 1050 setup.

> > Unfortunately I have not received any replies to my message [2].
>
> Why would any of these things be relevant if the driver from
> experimental fixes it?  Just try the driver from experimental, then ...
>
> Or if you have already tried it and it doesn't work, that is something
> you failed to mention in this post.

As I said, some, e. g. you, are using 1680 * 1050 with a Lenny setup.

And I want to know why. You wrote, you just had to add the VirtualScreen
section and it worked. In the forum they say it has to do with the
underpowering of the processor.

Maybe I will find some differences in the log-files comparing the
versions. It is not logical for me why with the same model you get
different results. So I would like to take this shot.

Thanks anyways,

Paul