[Debian-eeepc-devel] Wireless OSD display on 901+ models

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Aug 19 12:36:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:27:29 +0200
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivan at sanchezortega.es> wrote:
> Well, at least it's better than having a 640x480 default resolution.  May the
> script probe the monitor every time the VGA output is switched on?

The idea there was to do something guaranteed to work.  Maybe we should
change the default behaviour to toggle between LCD-only and VGA-only.
Trying to support a "shared" mode is just more hassle than it is
worth.  Then we can do something like:

case $? in
    2)
        xrandr --output VGA --off --output LVDS --auto
        ;;
    *)
        xrandr --output LVDS --off --output VGA --auto
esac

People wishing to override this with their own can just muck directly
in vga-toggle.sh themselves rather than using variables to override.

> I'm also thinking on trowing festival in, as an alternative to the OSD
> notices... :-D

Nifty.  Except ... during movies/music, wouldn't that be a
*little* bit annoying? :)