[Debian-eeepc-devel] Wireless OSD display on 901+ models

Robert Epprecht epprecht at solnet.ch
Tue Aug 19 18:51:09 UTC 2008

Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> writes:

> Maybe we should change the default behaviour to toggle between LCD-only
> and VGA-only.

I think these are the two usage cases that make most sense.

> Trying to support a "shared" mode is just more hassle than it is
> worth.

> People wishing to override this with their own can just muck directly
> in vga-toggle.sh themselves rather than using variables to override.

I think we should at least give some examples somewhere how to do that.

>> I'm also thinking on trowing festival in, as an alternative to the OSD
>> notices... :-D

Speech output is a possibility, but festival would be overkill here.

> Nifty.  Except ... during movies/music, wouldn't that be a
> *little* bit annoying? :)

Well, not so much if you just pluged another monitor, chamged resolution
or something like that. So why not.

Robert Epprecht