[Debian-eeepc-devel] 901 + bluetooth

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Thu Aug 21 15:18:00 UTC 2008

El Viernes, 15 de Agosto de 2008, Iván Sánchez Ortega escribió:
> I did a bit of research, and found this:
>
> http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=304343

I had time to try this out - and works well. It creates a /proc/acpi/asus/bt
file, that works just like the camera - echo a 0 or a 1 and the bluetooth USB
device gets plugged or unplugged.

It does not seem to work with a 2.6.26 kernel - I noticed that, besides the
eeepc_acpi module, another eeepc_laptop module gets loaded. Could somebody
ellaborate on this eeepc_laptop kernel module? Please?

I also would like to know how this bluetooth patch would work in an older
model (701 or 900) which does not have BT. Does anybody think that ir would
broke the module in those models?

I'll provide the proper patches to the acpi scripts to toggle bluetooth,
shortly.

Cheers,
--

Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.26-1-amd64 kernel, KDE 3.5.9, and PHP
5.2.6-2+b1 generating this signature.
Uptime: 17:13:58 up  5:09,  3 users,  load average: 1.09, 0.59, 0.42