[Debian-eeepc-devel] rt2860sta module on 901 with 2.6.26

oz oz at bluemonk.de
Thu Aug 28 22:50:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:29:09 +0100
"Phil Endecott" <spam_from_debian_eee at chezphil.org> wrote:

> /etc/Wireless/RT2860STA/RT2860STA.dat.  My previous attempts using
> iwconfig or entries in /etc/network/interfaces to set these all
> failed.  How have other people been getting on with 2.6.26 on the 901?
>

> Phil.

Hi,

I wrote today, how I setup WLAN on my eeepc 901 in the wiki:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Model/901

It is a standard debian/lenny with the 2.6.26-kernel from sid and the
driver I build from this source package:

http://foomagic.org/eeepc/rt8260/rt2860-source_1.7.0.0-1_all.deb

It seems to contain the original Ralink-sources.

I have fullspeed 54 mbps to my WPA1 AES accesspoint now with that
native driver.

Greetz