[Debian-eeepc-devel] Success report

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Sat Dec 6 21:21:48 UTC 2008

I bought an EEE 1000 a few weeks ago. I *love* this thing.

The only stressful thing was that ACPI RAM sleep didn't work. It'd go to sleep properly but then would lock up upon resume.

Googling around for a week, and trying all sorts of random things, I finally found a suggestion buried at the bottom of a forum posting somewhere (Ubuntu? I don't remember) that said to try turning off Hyperthreading in the BIOS.

I turned off hyperthreading in the BIOS, and ACPI RAM sleep works perfectly (using hibernate-ram script). I'm posting this partially so that Google searches for this problem might more easily return the solution for others with the same problem.

This is with the stock debian-eee kernel 2.6.26-1-686.

My full system info, if anyone's interested, is here:
http://restivo.org/projects/eee/

Thanks for setting up Debian to work on these things. I'm now a big fan of the EEE and it's great to have my standard distribution running on it.

-ken