[Debian-eeepc-devel] A lightweight, local delivery MTA for the Eee?

Markus Maria Miedaner markusmiedaner at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 8 19:25:56 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 08:03:25PM +0100, you (Luca Niccoli) wrote:
> Hi,
> in my Debian-eee system I have exim4-daemon-light as MTA, but since I
> only really need local delivery (as most people with the Eee I guess)
> I was wondering if there is a lighter choice in terms of disk and CPU
> usage.
> I took a look at the packages providing mail-transport-agent in
> aptitude, but I got quite disoriented...
> Does anyone know of a very simple MTA that would do? I really need it
> only for things like cron, I don't even need relay.
> Thanks in advance,
> Luca

Hi Luca,

take a look at msmtp.

cheers,
markus

--
Please note that this email-transaction has been logged due to German laws. To ensure the privacy of further communication please encrypt your message using the following KeyID = 694F9952

A. Lincoln: "Those who give a little bit of liberty to gain more safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."