[Debian-eeepc-devel] Can't connect anywhere with rt2860

Максим Красовский kma2191 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 15:12:43 UTC 2008

Hello! My name is Maxim, I am from Russia.
Let me ask you help to set preferences in my home system.
I have two computers: one's a big machine, it is working with
"Windows"; the second is EeePC 901, it is working with Linux.
  I wanted to install the WI–FI channel between a big and a little computer.
I use D–Link DWA–110 with the big machine.
In this time I have a strange situation; I will try to describe it:

 1) I made the installation of WI–FI system for D–Link in my big computer
with windows. It is working correctly, I don't doubt.
 2) EeePC has WI–FI system within itself too. I took a driver for Debian for
it. I seem that my small network will work very well. But it was not
working.
 3) EePC tries to connect with the big machine (with Windows) by WI–FI. It
is get an IP address very long time (about 1 minute), but it can not get it.
Then it is stopping a search.

Why? What I do not correctly? I ask to explain me what I must change?

--

My best regards, Maxim

mailto:kma2191 at gmail.ru