[Debian-eeepc-devel] Success report

Marcus Herbert rhoenie at spam-filter.de
Thu Dec 25 11:37:32 UTC 2008

Hi,

I remember an older posting stating that Debian-EEE Linux is focused
on the laptop models of the EEE series and not onto the B202 PC. I
haven't found the posting yet so I cannot quote the lines.

I just want to tell you that the december distribution of the Debian-
EEE linux is working out of the box on my black B202. :-) I used the
wireles network interface during installation and the only bigger
problem I encountered was the X11 intel driver which isn't working
(black screen). So I used the VESA driver instead and I am having no
troubles with it so far. The system is even working after updating to
the latest kernel image. Good job!

Besides the intel-X11 issues the only thing I am worring about are
logfile entries like this one:
Dec 23 18:41:12 asus-eee kernel: [   23.368775] --> Error 2 opening /
etc/Wireless/RT2860STA/RT2860STA.dat

The /etc/Wireless/ directory doesn't exist and I am wondering if
should create it and put the file of the original RT driver into it
just to get rid of that message. :-) Apart from that message WiFi is
working fine, though.

--
Marcus Herbert
Linsenberg 5