[Debian-eeepc-devel] Help cleanup wiki: standard install, elantech, synaptics, etc.

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Sat Dec 27 20:10:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 02:17:00PM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> Would owners of various models please help me sort this out?  Does
> our table on /Models jive with whatever lsinput reports on your
> model (especially using the standard Lenny/Sid kernel,
> linux-image-2.6.26-1-686, version 2.6.26-12).

On my 901, dmesg and lsinput both report "ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad".
But my system is running the psmouse.ko from the elantech-modules
package -- it's conceivable that it might be claiming the device as
Elantech when it isn't, but I can't check that easily at the moment.

(I'm also still on the -11 versions of the kernel and modules packages
for a few more days.)