[Debian-eeepc-devel] encrpyted root partition and initramfs

Zoho Vignochi zoho.vignochi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:25:28 UTC 2008

Hello:

I installed debian on my eeepc and it went very painlessly.
Congratulations! I am writing here to describe one of the small problems
I did have.

My system has a small /boot partition and the rest is on encrypted lvm
(swap, /home, /). When I upgraded the kernel I get the luks passphrase
prompt. So I mounted the initramfs and noticed that the new initramfs
didn't have the cryptroot file. So I created the file:

/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/cryptroot:
target=sda5_crypt,source=/dev/sda5,key=none,lvm=red-swap

and remade the initramfs and it worked. Yay! Thanks for all the hard
work.

Zoho

post scriptum: While writing this I checked the contents of my cryptroot
file and it had 16 identical entries. That is weird. Everytime I update
the initramfs it adds a line. Any ideas on why that is happening?