[Debian-eeepc-devel] Eee PC ACPI module

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Fri Jan 25 14:06:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 09:19:21AM +0100, Julien Danjou wrote:
> It just works perfectly even with 2.6.24-rc8. :-)

Yes, because that's the version I'm running on my Eee :-)

> This piece of code should be integrated upstream, will you push it
> somewhere around lkml or at least in Debian?

I'd be happy to maintain it in Debian.  I'm a Debian Maintainer, but
I'd need an initial sponsored upload.

As it is now, I made it a Debian-native package.  But for longer-term
maintenance, would it be better to treat Asus's RAR file as the
upstream (repackaged into a tarball), even though a lot has been
removed?  Do the other DDs on this list have any thoughts about that?

As for LKML, I'd welcome any pointers from those who have done this
before, since I haven't.

Cheers,
Eric