[Debian-eeepc-devel] Eee PC ACPI module

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Sat Jan 26 01:38:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 09:00:24AM -0800, Svend Sorensen wrote:
> I tried loading the module on my system which is running Debian Lenny
> with linux-image-2.6.22-3-686, but the module fails to load. The error
> is:
>
>     eeepc_acpi: Unknown symbol acpi_bus_generate_proc_event
>
> (It looks like the Asus Eee patch uses acpi_bus_generate_event instead
> of acpi_bus_generate_proc_event.)

Yes, that changed in 2.6.23.  And there was another change to the
acpi_driver structure in 2.6.24.

I added some #if's to handle these different versions; it now seems to
work on both 2.6.22 and 2.6.24 at least.

I also filed an ITP for it, and changed it to a non-native package as
Julien suggested, so the name has changed slightly:
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ecc/
        eecpc-acpi_1.0.tar.gz             # "upstream" tarball
        eeepc-acpi-source_1.0-1_all.deb   # source deb
        eeepc-acpi_1.0-1.{dsc,diff.gz}    # Debian source for the source deb

Julien, this seems to be lintian clean, so please take a look when you
get a chance and upload if it's worthy.

Cheers,
Eric