[Debian-eeepc-devel] Me, debian and the 901

terje loe terjeloe at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 25 14:10:25 UTC 2008

Im writing this to inform you about my progression with my debian install on my 901 and also to solve some of my problems

-First I followed the standard installation instructions on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/InstallUsingStandardInstaller which gave me a base system installation.

-Then for the wired network I followed the instructions on this site; http://kunin.wordpress.com/2008/07/05/asus-eee-pc-901/ , but using the driver located, as a .deb package, here: http://people.debian.org/~synrg/debian-eeepc/
(Had to download a ****load of dependencie packages for that)

-For wifi I followed the info on the site for wired and it works fine with wicd or any other network manager. But I cant get WPA_supplicant working. I've set up my interfaces file and wpa_supplicant.conf file but it does not want to work with me. When I go into wpa_cli it finds the network but fails the association complaining about the driver. It seems like the wifi card driver does not work with the wext driver (I've also tried using the ralink driver with no luck.) Any help that can solve this is highly appreciated!

-With the webcam I just had to follow the steps from the debian eeepc wiki and also enable it in the bios.

-Sound worked out of the box, just had to put up the volume (It was on the lowest). Still havent got the mic working; I've followed the steps on the wiki, but cant get it working. I haven't used to much time on it tho.

-For Bluetooth I just  install the bluetooth package and then do a "hidd --search" and it finds my mouse.

-The super hybrid engine (Anyone got info about someone reverse engineering this??)

Thanks to everyone contributing to the wiki and everyone at #debian-eeepc on irc.oftc.net !

Loony