[Debian-eeepc-devel] Problem with GNOME keyboard layouts

Tomaž Šolc tomaz.solc at tablix.org
Tue Mar 4 18:36:53 UTC 2008

Hi everyone

I'm using a minimal GNOME desktop (Debian Unstable) on my EeePC and I
have some problems switching keyboard layouts.

When I start GNOME, I can't switch layouts (neither the keyboard
shortcut nor the keyboard layout switcher work). However if I go to a
terminal and kill the gnome-settings-daemon process (which is then
automatically restarted), the layout switching starts to work normally
and works until I logout.

This seems to be EeePC specific since I have another machine here
running Debian Unstable where I don't have this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? The .xsession-errors
doesn't contain any clues to the source of the problem.

Best regards
Tomaz Solc