[Debian-eeepc-devel] Problem with GNOME keyboard layouts

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Tue Mar 4 20:08:43 UTC 2008

-=| Tomaž Šolc, Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 07:36:53PM +0100 |=-
> When I start GNOME, I can't switch layouts (neither the keyboard
> shortcut nor the keyboard layout switcher work). However if I go to a
> terminal and kill the gnome-settings-daemon process (which is then
> automatically restarted), the layout switching starts to work normally
> and works until I logout.

A blind shot:

Quit your gnome session, kill any remaining processes (gconf* etc),
remove ~/.gnome* ~/.gconf* (or move somewhere else) and log in again.

It occured to me to have trouble with layout switching that is caused by
some misunderstanding between xorg.conf and gnome settings.

dam            JabberID: dam at jabber.minus273.org