[Debian-eeepc-devel] Scrolling / Virtual Resolution on Debian

elijah r. elijahr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 14:42:48 UTC 2008

Hello all,

Out of curiosity, have any of the Debian-eeepc users succesfully
configured their X server  to provide a 'virtual resolution' ?
What I mean by virtual resolution is to have something like a 1024x768
pixel workspace,
but with 800x480 pixels of viewable area, which is scrollable by
moving the cursor to the screen's edge.

I found this: http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=144451 but
it's for Ubuntu, and does not seem to work for Debian.

Thanks for any suggestions.  I can think of a few situations where
this would come in handier than just using multiple workspaces.

Elijah R.