[Debian-eeepc-devel] disk encryption during install

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Sat Mar 8 08:56:14 UTC 2008

-=| mehdi, Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 02:12:20AM +0100 |=-
> Damyan Ivanov a écrit :
> > Yes, it is in the installer and yes, it works. I don't remember the
> > exact steps, but I am sure I used one of the "regular" CDs (not netinst,
> > business card etc) and an USB optical drive. I /think/ it was some weekly
> > snapshot.
> >
> I did an install using a daily build of lenny from a usb key and it
> works very well  (just had to  install the ethernet driver manually).

I am glad it worked for you. I had to install atl2 drivers separately
too, but that was not a problem once the ase system is running and
USB/SD available.

> why the debian eeepc image is based on a old installer version?

I think it is not old, but... different. I can't say more because the
depths of building an installer image are unexplored land for me :)

AIUI, the goal of the custom installer is to integrate the atl2 modules
so one could use smaller images (netinst) easier.

dam            JabberID: dam at jabber.minus273.org