[Debian-eeepc-devel] (no subject)

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Mar 13 12:25:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:03:11 -0400
Eric Cooper <ecc at cmu.edu> wrote:
> I doubt the packages are there in .deb format, but you might be able
> to use dpkg-repack to reconstitute them.
>
> If you succeed, please post a short how-to or add it to the wiki
> directly.

I have used this method before to move packages from the original OS
to my Debian install on the Eee, but dpkg-repack was not in the Xandros
repos, so I had to download the etch version
http://packages.debian.org/dpkg-repack and install it in a chroot of
the install image in order to do the repack.  I wish I had written down
the instructions at the time, but that was before this project was
underway.

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org