[Debian-eeepc-devel] installation failure

Remco van 't Veer rwvtveer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 07:00:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am trying to install debian on my 4g surf but the base install keeps
failing.  Most of the time trying to install libc and always with a
different message on vc4; "illegal instruction", "segfault" etc.

The standard Xandros install seems pretty stable although I got my toy
yesterday so I can say I've used it much.  I did install the BIOS
update 0703.

Should I be worried by EEE is unstable or broken?  Any tips on getting
debian installed?

Thanks,
Remco