[Debian-eeepc-devel] FLOSS Atheros drivers and donations

Sven Arvidsson sa at whiz.se
Wed May 7 09:12:31 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-06 at 18:41 +0200, Paulus Esterhazy wrote:
> The AR2425 (AR5007EG) chipset built into the Eee PC is not supported by
> FLOSS drivers, as outlined in [1]. Now that ath5k support for this
> chipset may be forthcoming, I think it would be most helpful if ath5k
> developers had their own Eees to play with
>
> First, ASUS for all we know may be willing to supply one or two to the
> ath5k members. I have already contacted ASUS support, though I couldn't
> find a good contact on their website, so I went with their press
> address. I will report back to hear how it goes. If anyone has a better
> way to communicate with them, I'd love to hear about it.
>
> If this fails, then I propose to try and raise the money needed to buy
> one or two laptops for the project. There is a sizeable community at
> [2], so I think there is a chance that this might work. madwifi.org have
> a possibility to receive donation through FFII. [3]

Hi,

I'm guessing you never heard back from Asus?

Have you been in contact with madwifi.org to find out how donations best
could be handled? There doesn't seem to be a way to donate money for a
specific goal at http://madwifi.org/wiki/Donations

Perhaps donations directly to Nick Kossifidis could be arranged?

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson