[Debian-eeepc-devel] Problems with backlight strength

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Mon May 19 13:14:34 UTC 2008

Kasper,

On Sun, 18 May 2008 15:37:54 +0200
Kasper Loopstra <kasper.loopstra at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure where to post EeePC specific bugs, the wiki only mentioned
> the Debian bug reporting system, and I'm not sure if this should go
> there. If this isn't something for the mailing list, sorry for bothering
> everyone.

No problem.  Yes, this is the place to start if you don't know which
package to file the bug against.

> I'm using a 4G EeePC with Lenny from the installer, running xfce. When
> the system screensaver shuts of the screen, and a keypress brings it
> back on, it goes to the default backlight strength, instead of whatever
> it has been set to before shutting off. When pressing ither FnF3 or FnF4
> it goes to whatever level it was set at plus or minus one (as if it
> remembered the screen strength in the screensaver.)
>
> Where should I start looking in settings files to fix this?

I've seen issues with brightness before, but not this one in particular.

It could be a problem with xserver-xorg-video-intel, which is at
version 2:2.2.1-2 in Lenny.  On my Sid system, which is at version
2:2.3.1-1, I can't reproduce the problem.