[Debian-eeepc-devel] Anyone experienced the 4G not powering off after shutting down?

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Tue May 20 16:35:53 UTC 2008

Hi,

thanks for all the feedback.

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 04:59:56PM +0200, Robert Epprecht wrote:
> Sounds to me like the sound module issue
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Troubleshooting

It indeed seems to be the mentioned issue. Although my Wi-Fi LED
always went off. It just flashed when I pressed the power button for
several seconds to do a hard poweroff.

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 08:31:14AM -0700, Raevol wrote:
> I fixed this issue by putting rmmod snd_hda_intel in my
> /etc/default/halt file. Putting it in the other file didn't do the
> trick.

Well, /etc/init.d/halt as suggested in the Wiki, always calls the
/etc/default/halt file and at the very beginning, so in general both
should work. But if you put the code into /etc/init.d/halt at the
wrong position, it may never be executed.

But nevertheless, IMHO editing a file in /etc/default/ is cleaner than
editing one in /etc/init.d/. Will probably adapt the wiki page
accordingly. It's also easier to edit for beginners since they can't
break that much in there. ;-)

		Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - abe at deuxchevaux.org, abe at noone.org - http://noone.org/abe/