[Debian-eeepc-devel] External monitor separate from intenal (different ideas and braindump :-)

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Wed May 21 11:23:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:21:17AM +0100, obregonmateo at gmail.com wrote:
> I can drag windows between each and run things separately in each. :)

I'm no fan of xinerama-like setups where both displays become one big
screen. So I currently try to setup it as two separate screens, but
unfortunately not very successfully. I either get a xinerama-like
setup or both screens showing the same.

Anyone already managed to get two separate screens (e.g. DISPLAY=:0.0
and DISPLAY=:0.1) working? Or isn't it possible with the EeePC (a 701
4G)?

Although I'm currently not sure if this is useful on a laptop. OTOH
the window manager I use (ratpoison) doesn't work well with
Xinerama-like setups since it always tries to maximize windows. This
works fine with two monitors of the same resolution (just split the
window frame into two of the same size), but is awkward otherwise.

		Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - abe at deuxchevaux.org, abe at noone.org - http://noone.org/abe/