[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc as an ebook reader

Tomaž Šolc tomaz.solc at tablix.org
Thu May 22 19:03:23 UTC 2008

Hi

Sometimes I find it convenient to hold my EeePC as a book and read some
longer text with the display rotated 90 degrees.

It's easy to adjust the display orientation on the fly with "xrandr"
utility and some keyboard shortcuts. The thing that bothers me is that
in that position the trackpad isn't rotated as well. So moving the
finger in a vertical direction on the trackpad moves the pointer in the
horizontal direction on the screen.

I see I can swap the trackpad axes in xorg.conf with the evdev driver,
but does anyone know if something like that is possible without editing
the config file and restarting X? xmodmap looks like it only supports
mouse button remapping.

Thanks
Tomaž