[Debian-eeepc-devel] still having wpa_supplicant problems with rt2860 on 901

Daniel Moerner dmoerner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 17:27:49 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Eric Cooper <ecc at cmu.edu> wrote:
> Can someone who has their 901 working with wpa_supplicant on open
> networks please post their wpa_supplicant.conf and
> /etc/network/interfaces files?  Thanks.

root at eee:/home/dmr# cat /etc/network/interfaces

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

allow-hotplug ra0
iface ra0 inet manual
  wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

iface default inet dhcp

root at eee:/home/dmr# cat /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
        ssid="linksys"
        psk="blahblahblah"
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
}
network={
        key_mgmt=NONE
}

Note that I still have the problem with the wireless randomly
disconnecting.  If this happens, I have to:

wpa_action ra0 stop
modprobe -r rt2860sta
modprobe rt2860sta
wpa_action ra0 reload
ifup ra0

In that order.  Sometimes it also just randomly blanks the
/etc/resolv.conf file and won't connect without a new dhclient call.

In summary: The drivers are trash.

--
Daniel Moerner <dmoerner at gmail.com>