[Debian-eeepc-devel] Suggesting Boot Booster on wiki

Alan Jenkins alan-jenkins at tuffmail.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 09:22:36 UTC 2008

On 11/26/08, Luca Niccoli <lultimouomo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I restored the 16Mb partition at the beginning of the 4Gb SSD of my
> 901, this let me enable Boot Booster in the bios and made me save
> nearly 3 seconds on boot.
> I think in the wiki we should suggest to keep /dev/sda1 while
> installing debian (fixing it after you have everything installed and
> configured is quite a pain), but I don't know for which Eee models
> this applies.
> Can you write your experiences with 70*, 900*, 1000?
> Cheers
> Luca

701 - I installed without knowledge of Boot Booster.  Reinstalled
later, created an 8Mb partition for it, and it works.

900A is claimed, see <http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_on_the_EeePC#Boot_Booster>

1000H apparently came with it enabled -
<http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=386334>

I find your lack of google-fu disturbing :P.  It seems to apply to all
models, including the hard drive ones (!).

Agreed, the best solution is to preserve the magic partition.  Of
course ideally this would be automatic :).  I think some have
suggested the installer should detect the hardware and be able to
_create_ the partition if it doesn't exist already, which would also
be nice to have.

Alan