[Debian-eeepc-devel] eee box with debian

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sat Nov 29 02:57:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:58:33 +0000
obregonmateo at gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks for the replies ... which lead me to why the eee box is an eee pc?
>
> I would have though that it is a kind of eeepc 1000.

The Eee PC family is characterized by being a line of netbooks made by
a single vendor and sharing similar hardware. As such, it has hotkeys, a
non-standard, small LCD display, special power management concerns, and
so forth.

By contrast, the Eee Box is a PC.  It shares a few devices in common
with the Eee PC line, but the similarity ends there.  In all other
respects it is just an ordinary PC.  Just like all other PCs that can
run Debian, getting Debian to work properly on it should be very
straightforward.