[Debian-eeepc-devel] problems during installation

Markus Maria Miedaner markusmiedaner at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 30 08:17:21 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 11:40:35AM -0500, you (Eric Cooper) wrote:
> Use the installer menu to run a shell and try to debug the network
> from the command line:
>      look at the output of "ifconfig -a" and "route -n"
>      try pinging your router
>      check /etc/resolv.conf and try pinging a public host by name
>      etc.

Hi Eric,

I check the above several times:
resolv.conf exist and has the same entry as the other machines I have.
kernel's routing table is fine (again, same as on the other machines)

ifconfig or ping are not available -- at least "a find pipe grep" did not lead
to any result. so i tried wget to some host outside as well as inside the network.
name resolution works, but again wget is not able to connect to any host. It stalls.

Log-Files also look fine - no error messages.

Now, I decided to install the base system and configure the network later. Even that
fails with deboostrap-error: could not detect release-name ....

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Markus

--
Please note that this email-transaction has been logged due to German laws. To ensure the privacy of further communication please encrypt your message using the following KeyID = 694F9952

A. Lincoln: "Those who give a little bit of liberty to gain more safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."