[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc 1000H 160Go with XP

Pierre Meurisse pierre.meurisse at laposte.net
Sat Oct 4 06:49:28 UTC 2008

Thanks for your responses, David and Glenn.

>> But now, XP won't start
> Oh, well...

Yes, of course ; I had to pay for XP as I couldn't find that machine
with Linux. It could be interesting to look at the other side sometimes.
And I occasionally help friends who have not seen the light yet :-)

> You could try the fixntloader or fixmbr commands from an XP disk (i
> think thats what they are called)

I put sda1 to its original size again, and then ntfsresize. It worked !
sda1 has less than 6Go files, and I had shrinked to 15Go. Apparently I
lost files. I saw a "hole" in the partition with windows defrag.

Now I have 80Go for XP system :-( I created a c:\linux directory ; I can
store some files there using ntfstools.  Perhaps c:\linux.sys would be
better : hidden from windows users.

I'll do a try with the MBR when I feel brave :-)

Thanks again.

--
Pierre Meurisse