[Debian-eeepc-devel] X fails at shutting down/restarting/switching user

Spatula spatula666 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 16:51:31 UTC 2008

Hello fellow eeepc users.
I've just installed Debian with the custom installer, and lately I've
noticed a problem I didn't had before.
When I am shutting down or restarting, the windows freezes and it does
nothing, so I click the X button on the top right, and after a couple of
seconds a "This window is not responding" alike message pops up and let me
close the window.
Switching user is just worse. When I press the Quit button (yeah, the green
guy running), it goes to the screensaver screen where you have to put the
password, but if I press the switch user button, the screen fades to black,
but then if I move the mouse the same screen appears again.
This is quite annoying.

What can be the problem?
Thanks anyway.

P.S.: Excuse my vague way to write things, english is not my main lenguage
and I can't be as fluid as in spanish.