[Debian-eeepc-devel] rt2860 Git reporitory

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Sat Oct 11 05:00:43 UTC 2008

-=| Damyan Ivanov, Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 02:15:02PM +0300 |=-
> I intent to start an empty repository named rt2860-clean.git and
> cherry-pich the commits from the current one one by one fixing each
> to follow the above layout. When done (all commits from rt2860.git
> migrated), I shall rename rt2860.git ti rt2860-old.git and
> rt2860-clean.git to rt2860-source.git. After this, you have to
> re-clone the repository. Your old clone can be kept so you can
> verify that I did not break things.
>
> This would take some hours, so please tell me if you see something
> wrong in my plan.

I think I am ready for review. A repository with separate branch for
upstream is ready at here[1] for browsing or cloning[2].

    [1] http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-eeepc/rt2860-source.git;a=summary
    [2] ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-eeepc/rt2860-source.git
        (replace ssh:// with git:// if you are not a member of the
        project)

What I failed to achieve is to keep the author of the commits
introducing the upstream versions. Not a big issue, hopefully.

Please tell me if you see something wrong.

dam            JabberID: dam at jabber.minus273.org