[Debian-eeepc-devel] EeePC 901 fails to suspend to ram

Daniel Moerner dmoerner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 22:21:54 UTC 2008

Hi, I originally reported this problem in IRC and it was recommended
that I come here.

I am running Debian Sid on a EeePC 901.  Suspend does not work
consistently for me.  I have tried the following methods to Suspend:

gnome-power-manager suspending
pm-suspend
Fn+F1 suspend
sync; echo -n mem >/sys/power/state

I have tried suspending from tty1, from Gnome, and from Gnome with
Compiz running.  Out of about 10 trials, Suspend worked twice.  The
problems are numerous:

Once, it failed to suspend--it just hung with constant disk activity.
This required a hard fsck for the system to boot again.
Most of the times, it suspends, but on resume it wakes up with
constant disk activity and hangs with a black screen (no video
activity).
Once, it suspended, resumed, had constant disk activity, and a
blinking video mode--with no responses to anything but pushing the
power switch.
The two times it did resume from suspend, it resumed, stopped disk
activity, and then returned 5 seconds later (this may be normal and
just slow).

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
--