[Debian-eeepc-devel] Debian Wiki: New page for implementing the results of the LPC talk From Naught to Sixty in 5 Seconds (was: Re: Booting fast)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Oct 19 11:38:42 UTC 2008

Dear list,

Am Freitag, den 17.10.2008, 09:21 +0200 schrieb Jean-Christophe:
> Paul Menzel a écrit :

> > after it has been shown that an ASUS EeePC, there has been some effort
> > mainly from Phil to achieve this on a Debian system.
> >
> > At least he seems to be the only one to post his results to this list.
> >
> > Anyway I was thinking that not only EeePC users are interested in this
> > but also owners of other netbooks and for example thin client users and
> > Debian users in general.
> >
> > So I am wondering how we could get these other interested people
> > involved and to participate?
> >
> > I came up with the following.
> >
> > • Create a dedicated page in the Debian Wiki. I did not find one.
> > • Setup a dedicated mailing list on Alioth.
> >
> Very apt idea, lot of debian and others linux users may be delighted
> with it :)
> > What do you think? Do you have more ideas?
> >
> You had the right, I think

Alright, I just started a page in the Debian Wiki [1]. Everybody, could
you please help with linking this page to other parts in the Debian Wiki
and transfer the work of Phil and others to the page.

If the issue with the separate list is decided – we might as well
continue discussion on this list and just make this list the right one
–, the call for help could be also send to debian-user at lists…

Please note that my idea is to make this page dedicated to the
techniques at the LPC. If you think this is not a good idea, please say
so.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/From_Naught_to_Sixty_in_5_Seconds