[Debian-eeepc-devel] eee 900 wifi problems

Federico Castagnini federico.castagnini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 18:29:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Dear Federico,
>

> Am Mittwoch, den 29.10.2008, 14:40 -0200 schrieb Federico Castagnini:
>> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Ben Armstrong
>> <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
>>
>> I have made almost the same tests and still have the same problem, can
>> not scan or connect.
>>
>> With a usb dongle (mod rt73) i was able to scan and use that interface
>> as expected, so the trouble is with the atheros wifi device...
>>
>> This problem came up with an upgrade i made last week, that upgrade
>> the kernel (plus other things) from 2.6.26-4? to 2.6.26-8.
>>
>> I think this is something relevant.
>
> You can find out inspecting /var/log/dpkg.log.
>
> […]
>
>> > Let's start with logs.  Post /var/log/syslog and we can start there.
>
> Please provide the information, Ben asked for.

finaly, looking into syslog after enabling the wifi, found a line saying
unable to load wlan_scan_sta

and later google say:
http://madwifi.org/ticket/1737#comment:2

now the Atheros wifi is working again.

Thank you all who help us with this problem.
Federico Castagnini

Sergio, do you have some dongle like me?