[Debian-eeepc-devel] 701 battery capacity has wrong dimension?

Patrick Strasser patrick.strasser at tugraz.at
Thu Oct 30 11:49:42 UTC 2008

Patrick Strasser wrote am 2008-10-22 11:57:

Some more info:

The ACPI 3.0b specs[1] say in chapter 10.2.2.3 that providing
percentages in the ACPI Battery Status (_BST) is OK as long as the
battery is "primary", that is, not rechargeable. The EeePC has
rechargeable batteries, so this can not apply. Both Battery Status and
Battery Information (_BIF) should report capacities in mAh or mWh.

In the Debian Wiki[2] Lutz said '[Lutz] Battery indicator works fine
with last BIOS and kernel 2.6.25'. I'm running a EeePC 4G (=701?) with
Bios 1101 and Debian stock kernel 2.6.26, and it's not working for me. I
wrote to Asus Germany support, but got no answer until now.

Patrick

[1] http://acpi.info/spec.htm
[2]
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Configure#head-5ac09d96f91e0b8e56524e7eeec1abd2471b5d23
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>