[Debian-eeepc-devel] wpa_supplicant problems with rt2860 on 901

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Fri Oct 31 20:11:09 UTC 2008

I'm trying to use wpa_supplicant on my 901 but it's failing.  I have a
simple open wifi network, but wpa_supplicant never succeeds in
associating with the AP.

Using wpa_gui, I see an endless sequence of
    Trying to associate with NNN
    Authentication with NNN timed out
where NNN is my AP address.

I have the exact same setup on my 701, and it associates and brings up
the interface just fine.  And a Linksys USB wifi adapter on my 901
also works fine, so I'm pretty sure the problem is with the rt2860sta
driver (or some other piece of configuration I've missed).