[Debian-eeepc-devel] SD-Card probloms on 900 & kernelpackage 2.6.26-4

Mag. Dr. Nikolaus Klepp office at klepp.biz
Sat Sep 6 20:01:22 UTC 2008

Hi!

Since I updated to 2.6.26-1 (package version 2.6.26-4), I have a seriouse
problem with my sd-slot:

1) SD-Card is not working, when I insert it after booting. There are no
entries in /var/log/messages when inserting the card.

2) SD-Card is working, when I put it in the slot befor booting.

3) when I remove the SD-Card, I get nothing in the logs, the card still shows
up in /proc/partitions. When I reinsert the card, mount it, use it, unmount
it, it works.

When I replace it with an other SD-card, it does not work. Mount complains
about "specify file system".

But when I make the Kernel re-read the partition table with:

	sfdisk -R /dev/sdc

then the SD-slot and /proc/partitions is in sync again.

Could you give me a hint what is going wrong here? It seames to me that the
kernel does not get the "card removed" or "card insterted" event from the
card reader.

nik

--

Mag. Dr. Nikolaus Klepp