[Debian-eeepc-devel] SD-Card problems on eee900, kernelpackage 2.6.26-4

bruno Caillier bruno.caillier at univ-jfc.fr
Sat Sep 6 20:58:15 UTC 2008

Le Sat, 6 Sep 2008 22:02:19 +0200,
"Mag. Dr. Nikolaus Klepp" <dr.klepp at gmx.at> a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> Since I updated to 2.6.26-1 (package version 2.6.26-4), I have a seriouse
> problem with my sd-slot:
>
> 1) SD-Card is not working, when I insert it after booting. There are no
> entries in /var/log/messages when inserting the card.
>
> 2) SD-Card is working, when I put it in the slot befor booting.
>
> 3) when I remove the SD-Card, I get nothing in the logs, the card still shows
> up in /proc/partitions. When I reinsert the card, mount it, use it, unmount
> it, it works.
>
> When I replace it with an other SD-card, it does not work. Mount complains
> about "specify file system".
>
> But when I make the Kernel re-read the partition table with:
>
> 	sfdisk -R /dev/sdc
>
> then the SD-slot and /proc/partitions is in sync again.
>
> Could you give me a hint what is going wrong here? It seames to me that the
> kernel does not get the "card removed" or "card insterted" event from the
> card reader.
>
> nik

I had some problems too

with solution
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-eeepc-devel/2008-August/000837.html

I applied patch on 2.6.26,
recompile the kernel
and everything  was ok

hope it´s help you

bruno

Bruno Caillier

Laboratoire Diagnostics des Plasmas Hors Equilibre

Centre Universitaire Jean-François Champollion
Place de Verdun
81 012 ALBI Cedex 9

Tel : 05 63 48 64 45
Fax : 09 58 09 97 76