[Debian-eeepc-devel] 1024x600 console [was: Re: Video out toggling]

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Thu Sep 11 19:51:19 UTC 2008

-=| Phil Endecott, Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 08:23:38PM +0100 |=-
> I hope this is of interest to someone.  Would any of the Eee-using
> Debian Devs on this list like to check on the status of the
> 915resolution package?  It could be useful to a few people around
> here I guess....

It is not required to be a debian developer in order to see what
happened:

    http://packages.qa.debian.org/915resolution

says the package has been removed and points to

    http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.txt

where after searching for '915resolution' one can find:

    Removed the following packages from unstable:

    915resolution |    0.5.3-1 | source, amd64, i386
    Closed bugs: 484251

    ROM; Obsolete package, functionality is given by the xorg intel
package

'ROM' means 'request from maintainer'. #484251 is the bug requesting
the removal. It points to another bug, #452803, in which the fate of
915resolution is decided.

dam            JabberID: dam at jabber.minus273.org