[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc 900 and vpn

Barney Ward barney at barneyward.co.uk
Sun Sep 14 13:16:36 UTC 2008

Has anyone had any success setting up a vpn client on the eeepc 900
with kernel 2.6.26-1-686??
I tried using Cisco vpnclient 4.8, but it wouldn't build against the
standard kernel header package 2.6.26-1-686 (I'm assuming I should be
using the headers package from Debian, and not a special version for
the eeepc install kernel ??). The error is : conflicting types for
'uintptr_t'

When I try to use vpnc 0.5.1, I get various errors: If it has been
installed via apt-get it gives the error that it wasn't compiled with
openssl support (yes, I do have openssl!). If I try to build it
myself, and uncheck the relevant lines in the makefile to include
openssl in the build, I get build errors as it can't find openssl/
x509.h or openssl/err.h. I can include full output if it's likely to
help at all.

Has anyone else found this a problem? I know the cisco client is very
picky about some kernels.

Regards,
Barney Ward