[Debian-eeepc-devel] building a new deb package for kernel

obregonmateo at gmail.com obregonmateo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 11:37:55 UTC 2008

Silly question, but I have always used make/make install to build new kernel
images. However, how do I go about  making a new linux kernel .deb package
with modified sources (from the 2.6.26 source for lenny)?

The reason is that any modules I generate with m-a try to look for the
2.6.26.1.686 image ... and uname reports 2.6.26, so aptitude always wants to
unload my custom modules because they fail the dependency tests.

Mateo.