[Debian-eeepc-devel] Beta 1 of eeepc-acpi-scripts 1.1.0 available for testing

Pedro Bulach Gapski pbgapski at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 11:58:52 UTC 2009

2009/4/2 Damyan Ivanov <dmn at debian.org>:

> Please install the package and report whether it is working as
> expected. Include your model and kernel version in the reports.
>
> Things to try include: suspend/resume, volume keys, wireless/bluetooth
> toggling.

I have tested the beta package this weekend. My setup is an eeepc 900,
running lenny with kernel 2.6.29-1-686. My eeepc-acpi-scripts had been
hand-tweaked to work with 2.6.28-1-686, where wifi, brightness and
volume keys were operational.

I have made the following changes to my system:
 * lenny's acpid does not listen to netlink events, so no keys but
wifi worked with 2.6.29. I had to upgrade acpid to sid's version and
add -n to its options. Maybe a hint on acpid version on the deb would
be nice;
 * removed picehp from /etc/modules along with its force option
 * updated-initramfs
 * changed kmix default volume to Front

With these changes, wifi, brightness and volume keys are working fine.

Thanks for the great work!

Pedro