[Debian-eeepc-devel] Debian Eeepc-live Version 1.0~b1

John jpinks at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 22:25:14 UTC 2009

Tested today on my spanish keyboard 701.
Downloaded, dd'ed to micro SD card and booted  without troubles.
Impressive that you've got it inside 256MBs.
Spanish locale/ keyboard layout would be nice?
Sound is fine.
Camera use not working - smplayer > Open > URL > tv:// gives me nothing.
No messenger/IRC client's included. I recommend aMSN - check the camera config.
However much you hate skype - it's needed by travellers. Recommended,
or a substitute open-source telephony system.
Iceweasel is ok , needs littlefox theme and doctored tool/menu bars
and set "undecorate" and zoomed out.
Lid close to sleep ok, but on wake up it wants a password - had to
Ctrl,Alt,Backspace to get the system up again.
Wifi dies during sleep, had to reconnect, so no downloading possible
with lid closed. Could sleep be dependant on nothing running?

Another good job Ben - thanks:)