[Debian-eeepc-devel] [eeepc-acpi-scripts] Flexible lid action

John jpinks at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 12:09:18 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John <jpinks at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 00:51:19 +1245
Subject: Re: [Debian-eeepc-devel] [eeepc-acpi-scripts] Flexible lid action
To: Tanguy Ortolo <tanguy+debian at ortolo.eu>

On 21/04/2009, Tanguy Ortolo <tanguy+debian at ortolo.eu> wrote:
> Le mardi 21 avril 2009, Santi Béjar a écrit :
>> It is alos easy to remove that file, or add an 'exit 0' before the
>> suspend.sh line (I think the lid turn off automatically).
>
> No, it does not, at least on my Eee PC 901 model. The backlight stays
> on, even when the lid is closed.
>
>> The question is if this option is a supported option, and as it is
>> dangerous it is not.
>
> I will check the warranty and the harware manual, then run a cpuburn
> test, lid closed, to see if it is problematic or not.
>
> --
> Tanguy Ortolo

As I mentioned in a different thread, I run my 701 with the lid closed
for long periods (currently 5 days) without issue. It is acting as a
server and controlled by ssh-X from my big ancient laptop. I just
modifed the lid script to be inactive. The screen is blank.

Slainte
John

--
My house for sale in Peru. http://www.580elbosque.idimo.net