[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts new version 1.1.0 is broken on 1000H

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Apr 24 09:34:22 UTC 2009

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 00:27:01 +0200
Dirk Salva <dsalva at nutrimatic.ping.de> wrote:
> Has anybody tested the new version 1.1.0 of the eeepc-acpi-scripts
> package on a 1000H? Seems not. There are IMHO lots of bugs in it, it is
> nearly completely dysfunctional:
>
> - wireless.sh / Wireless On/Off with hotkey does not work, I think this
>   is because on my 1000H (standard-Lenny-installation with
>   standard-lenny-kernel) there is no /sys/class/rfkill and detecting
>   the rt2860sta ( || [ "$WLAN_MOD" = 'rt2860sta' ]) is completely
>   missing in the script.

If you have pciehp in /etc/modules, remove it.  The problem is that the
options for this module are can no longer be in /etc/modprobe.d/
because they vary depending on which kernel you use.  If you leave
pciehp in /etc/modules, it will be loaded too early with the wrong
options.  See /etc/init.d/eeepc-acpi-scripts, which modprobes the
module with the correct options.

> - Bluetooth On / Off with hotkey does not work, OSD is showing on every
>   tap "Bluetooth Off", but nothing happens. I don't know what`s wrong
>   there.

Which kernel?  I don't think bluetooth toggling has ever worked with
2.6.26.