[Debian-eeepc-devel] Skilled wiki custodians needed

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sat Aug 8 14:10:03 UTC 2009

On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 19:56:38 +0700
Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag at dottedmag.net> wrote:
> What's the best way to deal with bugreports in wiki? Is there anything
> better than just going through list, trying to reproduce bugs on the
> available hardware and removing ones which are not reproducible?

Yes, this is the right basic approach.  Just keep in mind that our users
probably are on Lenny and we try to keep the wiki focused on delivering
solutions to Lenny users.  So try to reproduce issues in Lenny. If
there are still issues in Lenny, but they are solved using backports of
later versions of packages, leave a brief summary of the issue with a
link back to HowTo/Upgrade. Then the Upgrade page should also mention
whatever issue is solved if it doesn't already.

Also, if there is an outstanding bug you can reproduce and no bug
report exists, please file a bug and usertag it, then cross-reference
back to the bug report in the wiki, replacing any details in the wiki
with just a summary of the bug and its current status.  Thereafter,
keep the details in the bug report itself.  The only thing that would
need updating in the wiki after that is if the status of the bug
changes (e.g. a proposed solution/patch is available to test, or the
bug is resolved).