[Debian-eeepc-devel] Should I reinstall from scratch?

Dick Middleton dick at fouter.net
Thu Aug 13 09:18:16 UTC 2009

Fabien wrote:

> If so, as I am a single user & nobody else use my eeePC, Do I need any
> session manager?
> I've installed basic debian, gdm, x and lxde. Is gdm needed? What is the
> way to have a minimalist lxde install?

You can set auto login with gdm.  Use gdmsetup (sudo to root) and select
Security tab.  Set the Automatic Logon option.

If you're using a gnome keyring you'll get prompted for the logon
keyring password after booting so it can get your wifi encryption key.
This is unavoidable (since you will not be entering a logon password)
unless you remove the password from the logon keyring.  Use seahorse to
do that.

Dick