[Debian-eeepc-devel] Should I reinstall from scratch?

Dick Middleton dick at fouter.net
Thu Aug 13 14:20:28 UTC 2009

> Armstrong<synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
>
>> But it's a lot of extra overhead, especially if your system is
>> otherwise free of gnome infrastructure. I do autologin without gdm.
>> Can't remember which site I picked the recipe off of. Might have been
>> debian-administration.org.

I agree entirely but OP did say he'd already installed gdm.  Many people
use gnome (Ubuntu, Mint etc) and it can do the job.

Incidently, just the last week or so I've got 4 people to install Mint
on their Acer Ones (going cheap right now), all of them otherwise doze
or mac users and they absolutely love it. :)

Dick