[Debian-eeepc-devel] Please test readahead-fedora, for a faster boot

Raphael Geissert geissert at debian.org
Sun Aug 30 07:17:53 UTC 2009

Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> -=| Raphael Geissert, Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 04:16:23PM -0500 |=-
>> In general you should get a faster boot with readahead-fedora. If
>> you don't, please let me know!

Re-reading what I wrote I meant: you should get a faster boot with
readahead-fedora than with readahead.

> Is speed-up expected on SSD models too?

Sure; although I would welcome some feedback regarding the effects of
sending readahead-fedora to the backgroun and using fadvise, which both can
be enabled/disabled via /etc/default/readahead-fedora

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net